The Baronial Palace of Santo Stefano del Sole is located on Via Colacurcio, in the historic centre of the Irpinian town.
Built in the 17th century, the building belonged first to the Lombardo family, then to the Gesualdo marquises, and then, in about 1770, to Baron Sabino Zamagna, a nobleman from Dubrovnik. In 1905, the Palace was purchased by the municipal administration, which restored it to function as the seat of the Municipality of Santo Stefano del Sole.
The Baronial Palace is accessed via a long central staircase built of stone and brick. The building's structure is composed of two floors: the first was used as a temporary school and guest-house; the second, on the other hand, housed the secretariat and the archives.
A historical and cultural symbol of the Santo Stefano community, the Baronial Palace preserves centuries of history, still kept alive by the administrative work of the Municipality.
Palazzo Baronale di Santo Stefano del Sole
Via Colacurcio, 54, 83050 Santo Stefano del Sole AV, Italia