The Church of Santa Maria delle Fratte, also known as "Sanctuary of Maria SS. delle Fratte", is a place of worship located in Castel Baronia, in Piazza Pasquale Stanislao Mancini, near the palace of the same name.
Characterised by an unmistakable Gothic style, clearly evident in the shape of the windows and the vault, which, at its highest point is 16 metres above the floor, the bell tower was added in 1936, also with Gothic windows: a stylistic choice probably dictated by the attempt to standardise the style of the bell tower with that of the religious building.
Inside the Church of Santa Maria delle Fratte, there are also ten large windows depicting different passages from the "Cantico delle Creature" ("Canticle of the Sun" also known as the "Canticle of the Creatures" or "Praise of the Creatures", a religious song composed by Saint Francis of Assisi). Elements of this church that date back to the 18th century are the high altar, in polychrome marble, and the baptismal font, made of Jesualdino onyx.
A suggestive sacred place, located in the centre of Castel Baronia, the Church of Santa Maria delle Fratte represents the religious symbol of the local community.
Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Fratte
Piazza Pasquale Stanislao Mancini, 83040 Castel Baronia AV, Italia